Sleek.page - Build your personal website

Sleek.page Forum

How to sort the stories?

Is it possible to sort the stories? Thanks

Hello @marco ,

I think you should consider providing tags/labels so that specific stories/blog posts can be grouped under a tag.

Thanks,
Aravind.

1 Like

Hi good point, do you think a tagging function would be enough? I’m thinking about simply using hashtags within the text, which can automatically be used for a search / categorization. (e.g. This is a #example text)

Hi @marco, thanks for the reply. I am not sure what you meant by “using hashtags within the text”. Do you mean while creating a story, create a hashtag for it?

It would be helpful if you can show a demo.

So what I mean is: Wordpress and other blogging solutions allow you to add hashtags / tags in a separated form. I’m thinking about a solution like Instagram or Twitter. Simply use the hashtags marked by # in the text itself.

Your post would look like this:

Lorem ipsum #dolor sit amet, #consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et #accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

If I have some n blog posts and if any user wants to read a specific blog post then I am not sure how hashtag in my page is helpful.

I was in the lines of label service in the Blogger where while creating a post we can attach a label to it. All the created labels will be to the right of home page and any user can click on specific label to view posts regarding that label. That’s how the stories are sorted right. Are you saying that this can be done via a hashtag as well?

Yes I think we mean more or less the same. So if you write a post about e.g. “How to use Sleek” and anywhere inside your post you use #sleek, than a new tag will be added at the homepage of your blog with “sleek”

If you click on that tag, you’ll get all posts where you used #sleek in the content.

Maybe it’s not the best solution yet, if it needs too much explanation.

Ok, now I get what you are saying. User may not remember to create a hashtag while he/she is in a flow of writing a blog post and that might end up not sorting a post. I think its good to provide user interface somewhere while writing a post so the user may consider providing a hashtag in a post.